Consider the following approximate costs:
- Court costs and fees if convicted: $500 +
- Limited Driving Privilege: $100
- Unsupervised probation/community service fees: $480 +
- Interlock installation, if ordered: $70 +
- Monthly Interlock charge: $80 – $150
- License restoration: $130
- Attorney cost: $2,500 – $5,000
- Substance abuse assessment and recommended treatment: $250 +
Also, take into account all time off of work you will have to take to attend court, and the parking costs you will pay in downtown Raleigh or Durham. Additionally, your insurance will increase for years to come.
Please note these costs are approximate and can be significantly higher or lower than listed.
Ultimately, a driving while impaired conviction can cost you upwards of $10,000. It is not something you want to go at alone. An attorney may seem expensive, but can save you a significant amount of money in the long run.
If you have been convicted of a DWI in the past, your costs will increase upon another conviction. Furthermore, your costs will vary depending on your BAC and whether there was damage involved or injuries.
The criminal defense attorneys at Guirguis Law can help guide you through a DWI charge. There are many ways you can lessen the costs of a DWI conviction, but there may also be ways to fight a charge. Call us at (919) 832-0500 for more information on your Wake or Durham DWI. We will not judge you or chastise you — we can’t change the past, but we can help you in the future.