- Monitor your alcohol intake. Know when enough is enough.
- Do not accept a drink from someone you do not know.
- If you will be drinking at all, do not drive — do not even take your car to the party. A DWI in North Carolina can cost upwards of $10,000 in attorney fees, costs, and fines. You can also lose your license. Call a taxi, or take an Uber or Lyft.
- If you find yourself in a contentious situation, quickly leave. You could be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be arrested, or even worse, hurt.
- Be aware of other drivers on the road. If you think someone is driving drunk, call 911.
- If you are approached by police, always be polite and cooperative, but do not answer questions without an attorney present.
If you find yourself in need of an attorney after Halloween, contact Guirguis Law at (919) 832-0500 for information on how we can help you.