Pursuant to this memorandum issued by the Director of the Administrative Office of the Courts, North Carolina courthouses are closed on the following dates in 2018:
- New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1, 2018
- Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday, Monday, January 15, 2018
- Good Friday, Friday, March 30, 2018
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 28, 2018
- Independence Day, Wednesday, July 4, 2018
- Labor Day, Monday, September 3, 2018
- Veteran’s Day, Monday, November 12, 2018
- Thanksgiving, Thursday November 22 and Friday November 23, 2018
- Christmas, Monday, December 24, Tuesday, December 25, and Wednesday, December 26, 2018
The courthouse will close on the above-listed dates. This means no court will occur, nor with the Clerk of Court’s office be open. If you are accidentally scheduled on one of the above dates (it happens by mistake), contact your attorney to reschedule the date. If you do not have an attorney, contact the Clerk of Court in the county you have court in.
Please note the above dates are specific to North Carolina State courts.